8 Best Exercises recommended by experts for weight loss
Planks, push ups and burpees are some of the exercises which will help you get in shape and lose weight when done regularly.
There are times when you read so many articles on exercises and fitness that you forget the basics that are key to getting in shape.
We tell you eight basic exercises which will not only get you in shape, but will also help you lose weight. Along with this, they have other additional benefits too. And the best part is that they can all be done at home without any equipment.
The burpee is a full body strength training exercise and the ultimate example of functional fitness. Burpees are a bodyweight exercise that can be done anywhere, anytime. All you need is enough space to perform a push up, and you’ll be able to do a burpee.
How to do it:
Stand with your feet at shoulder width.
- Push your hips back, and with bended knees, lower your body into a squat position.
- Put your hands on the floor right in front of your feet.
- Jump lightly and land on the balls of your feet in the plank position.
- Jump back such that they land just out of your hands.
- Put your arms over your head and jump.
Once you land back, get into the squat position for your next rep.
Benefits: With every rep, you’ll work your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings and abs.